Sunni Pindi is a well-known bath powder with aromatic therapy widely used in South India. This natural powder works as a great exfoliate and scrub. Once you start using it, your skin will turn really smooth and soft. Bathing with Sunni Pindi is practiced and really very popular among the people living in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
What does Sunni Pindi contains ?
The main Ingredient in Sunni Pindi is Green gram Powder. It is a combination of chick pea and rice flour. There are also other ingredients like basil leaves, fenugreek leaves, turmeric, neem leaves, almond meal and gooseberries present in Sunni Pindi.
Benefits of Sunni Pindi:
Sunni Pindi made at home contains all kinds of herbs and nutrients good for nourishing your skin. Every ingredient in it has separate value and great nutritional factors. The ingredients like gram flours, chickpea flour and rice flour have wonderful benefits of scrubbing and exfoliating. Again neem leaves, basil leaves and turmeric has its anti bacterial properties. If you have any type of skin infections and allergies this bathing powder is ideal for use. Skin will also get nourished well enough with the natural oils in almond. You can also add essential oils in Sunni Pindi to have a spectacular skin moisturizer.
How to prepare Sunni Pindi at Home?
Reduce the use of soaps which contain chemicals and toxins on your skin that harms it. Here is an easy and simple recipe for preparing Sunni Pindi at home.
Ingredients of making Sunni Pindi:
- 1 cup – Chickpea flour/ Gram flour
- 1 cup Green gram flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp goose berry
- 1 tbsp Tulasi / basil leaves powder
- 1 tbsp orange peel powder or dry lemon powder
- 30 grams Rose petal powder
- 1 tbsp Almond powder
- 2 tbsp neem leaf powder
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds for stickiness
- 200 grams Multani mitti
How To Prepare Sunni Pindi :
Above mentioned ingredients can be as per availability. All these ingredients tend to give a pleasant aroma to the mixture and works great on the skin. All the ingredients are generally available at any store.
- Prepare Sunni Pindi by mixing all the flours and powders and store it in a container.
- Green gram flour, chick pea flour and rice flour help in removing dirt.
- Fenugreek seeds bind the mixture together.
- Lemon removes the tan, Tulasi and neem protect the skin from germs.
- Rose powder gives the aroma which helps in using the scrub as a face pack.
How to Use Sunni Pindi?
- Mix the natural bathing powder Sunni Pindi with water or Milk or Lemon juice or Cucumber juice or Tomato juice to make the paste.
- Massage your body and face or any part that you want to scrub with olive oil or gingelly oil or coconut oil or oil that suits your skin before applying your Sunni Pindi Scrub to your body.
- Applying oil on to skin easily coats the paste on your skin.
- Sunni Pindi helps in removing dirt, exfoliating dead skin cells and making your skin glow, healthy and smooth.
- It also helps in improving skin complexion and blood circulation.
If not daily, you may use this scrub once in a week or on occasions to cleanse your skin.